TEACH WELL, PREACH WELL & LEAD WELL
Vision ministry Kenya in partnership with Hope Bible College has been thinking over the years on the best way to come up with a training that will empower the local church leaders affiliated with Vision Ministry Kenya organization.
During the corona pandemic when all the churches in Kenya were closed, most of VMK affiliated churches resolved to home church programs and from the reports we received from the church senior leaders, we realized that during those meetings, most of the home-church leaders were unable to preach and even handle believers. There were problems with biblical interpretations and teaching plans. This motivated our desire to implement the bible training school idea as soon as possible. If we can recall, in the cause of early last year (2019), a meeting was held in Nairobi to draft a curriculum that would be used to help train and equip our pastors and leaders to preach well, teach well and lead well. That is the curriculum that the college will adopt in implementing the studies.
Hope Bible College
Vision: Transforming Christian leaders for the task of the post-modern Africa towards spiritual, social and economic realization.
Needs to address:
- The multiplication of untrained gospel preachers
- The ignorance towards transformational church leadership in Africa
- The struggle for economic independence for both the church and her workers
Class Orientation Meeting
Orientation meeting was held on 8th, August, 2020 at Grace Bible Chapel.
It was agreed that the first class be officially started on 3rd running through 4th and 5th of September and because of the pandemic, this training will be done in smaller groups of 5- 15 leaders.
Facility to be used: Shelter of Hope Academy facility. These include the hostels, classrooms and cafeteria
Chapel to be used: Grace Bible Chapel, Homa-Bay.
As we begin the introductory class in September, we will use the listed two facilitators, however as the class grow and things become normal we will involve other trainers whom we listed in our bible college proposal document.
1. Pastor Matthias Dickens – A degree holder in Theology, Harvesters Bible College. Matthias is a partner of VMK Kenya and a senior church planter in Western Kenya.
2. Bro.Ishmael Ochieng’ – Director VMK and a senior leadership trainer
The certificate class will be running for a period of six months. For all the local leaders, the certificate class is a basic level that all of the leaders will have to undergo regardless of their academic qualification. When one is through with the certificate class they will be advised to proceed to the next level if need be for them.
Why Train Our Leaders?
Most of our partner pastors have little or no biblical training hence not fully equipped for effective handling of believers in their local churches.
- Equip leaders for ministry
- Improve leaders’ shepherding skill and experience
- Help leaders in planting more churches and more become salt and light in the community
- Introduce leaders to computer literacy that will make them effective during these changing times
Vision Ministries Kenya in partnership with Shelter Of Hope organization organized a one week(12th-17th,NOV,2019) Evangelistic Outreach and a medical camp.The main activities were;
- Medical outreach
- prayer and counselling
- Sharing the Gospel on one on one approach
- Ministering to Children
- Training pastors
- Open Air Crusade