TOT REGIONAL REPORTS 2023
Training of trainers is an ongoing excercise at the regional level.See the attached reports from Kisumu http://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/AHERO-KISUMU-TOT-TRAINING-REPORT-2023.pdf
Happy New Year! We hope that you had a great Christmas season celebrating Jesus with your family and
1. Monthly Progress Report. Click herehttp://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/VMK-MONTHLY-PROGRESS-REPORT-2021.pdf
2. New Year! New Church Plant! Click herehttp://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/CHURCH-PLANT-NYANZA-CHAPTER-2022-REPORT.pdf
3. Pokot Mission report. Click herehttp://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/west-pokot-reaching-the-unreached-report.pdf
4. NYANZA JUNE TRAINING REPORT http://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/Leaders-training-in-Asumbi-2022.pdf
2021 was a year that our ministry had been eagerly waiting for. The months of October and November are when we held five consecutive conferences and the anniversary. See the attached reports from the regions.
- Nairobi Chapter http://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/VMK-NAIROBI-CHAPTER-CONFERENCE-REPORT2021.pdf
- Kajiado Chapter http://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/Kajiado-Region-Conference-Report-2021-1.pdf
- Nyanza Chapter http://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/Nyanza-conference-Report-2021-1.pdf
- Western Chapter http://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/WESTERN-REGION-CONFERENCE-2021Report-1.pdf
- North Rift Chapter http://visionministrieskenya.org/wp-content/uploads/VMK-NORTH-RIFT-CONFERENCE-REPORT-2021-1.pdf
Download our report below
During Covid-19 Ministry Report
Kenyan Church Reopens
In presidential address on 6th July, 2020, the Kenyan head of state stated that the phased reopening of places of worship will see only 100 congregants allowed into sanctuaries.
“In line with the guidelines issued by the inter-Faith Council, only a maximum of one hundred (100) participants will be allowed at each worship ceremony and not more than one hour. Sunday schools shall remain suspended until further notice, and in-person worship shall not include congregants under the age of thirteen (13) years or above the age of 58 years or persons with underlying conditions,” he said when he lifted the cessation of movement for Nairobi, Mombasa and Mandera which had been in effect for the past three months.
Kenyan president said that the Inter-Religious Faith Council had recommended vulnerable persons, minors below the age of 13 be exempted from the services. In the last four months VMK has reached the local partner church leaders and believers digitally, most notably through our Facebook account, organizing zoom meetings, making calls, sending mails and sometimes convening some mini-meetings to help reach and hear from the church leaders
TEACH WELL, PREACH WELL & LEAD WELL
Vision ministry Kenya in partnership with Hope Bible College has been thinking over the years on the best way to come up with a training that will empower the local church leaders affiliated with Vision Ministry Kenya organization.
During the corona pandemic when all the churches in Kenya were closed, most of VMK affiliated churches resolved to home church programs and from the reports we received from the church senior leaders, we realized that during those meetings, most of the home-church leaders were unable to preach and even handle believers. There were problems with biblical interpretations and teaching plans. This motivated our desire to implement the bible training school idea as soon as possible. If we can recall, in the cause of early last year (2019), a meeting was held in Nairobi to draft a curriculum that would be used to help train and equip our pastors and leaders to preach well, teach well and lead well. That is the curriculum that the college will adopt in implementing the studies.
Hope Bible College
Vision: Transforming Christian leaders for the task of the post-modern Africa towards spiritual, social and economic realization.
Needs to address:
- The multiplication of untrained gospel preachers
- The ignorance towards transformational church leadership in Africa
- The struggle for economic independence for both the church and her workers
Class Orientation Meeting
Orientation meeting was held on 8th, August, 2020 at Grace Bible Chapel.
It was agreed that the first class be officially started on 3rd running through 4th and 5th of September and because of the pandemic, this training will be done in smaller groups of 5- 15 leaders.
Facility to be used: Shelter of Hope Academy facility. These include the hostels, classrooms and cafeteria
Chapel to be used: Grace Bible Chapel, Homa-Bay.
As we begin the introductory class in September, we will use the listed two facilitators, however as the class grow and things become normal we will involve other trainers whom we listed in our bible college proposal document.
1. Pastor Matthias Dickens – A degree holder in Theology, Harvesters Bible College. Matthias is a partner of VMK Kenya and a senior church planter in Western Kenya.
2. Bro.Ishmael Ochieng’ – Director VMK and a senior leadership trainer
The certificate class will be running for a period of six months. For all the local leaders, the certificate class is a basic level that all of the leaders will have to undergo regardless of their academic qualification. When one is through with the certificate class they will be advised to proceed to the next level if need be for them.
Why Train Our Leaders?
Most of our partner pastors have little or no biblical training hence not fully equipped for effective handling of believers in their local churches.
- Equip leaders for ministry
- Improve leaders’ shepherding skill and experience
- Help leaders in planting more churches and more become salt and light in the community
- Introduce leaders to computer literacy that will make them effective during these changing times
Vision Ministries Kenya in partnership with Shelter Of Hope organization organized a one week(12th-17th,NOV,2019) Evangelistic Outreach and a medical camp.The main activities were;
- Medical outreach
- prayer and counselling
- Sharing the Gospel on one on one approach
- Ministering to Children
- Training pastors
- Open Air Crusade
Small Groups Training
With the Covid-19 challenges, the ministry has resolved to Small groups trainings in order to comply with the government protocols.
It is always thrilling moment when director Ishmael train leaders.Training is very key to leaders.It ensure they become more professional in how they manage the church and their congregation.On 14th,Sep,2019, director Ishmael was privileged to train leaders in Maa land, VMK Kajiado chapter.He had trainings in two places.One at ALKESUMET and another at MAILE 46, Magadi town.
We are happy to report that the August Regional Conferences 2019 held in Nyanza and Western were amazing.We indeed witnessed the hand of God as the team of facilitators train ,equip and empower local leaders.
It’s been a great season of sitting at the Lord’s feet, hearing His words, seeking His face and preparing for the missions field. This is the good and needful part Mary chose, over Martha, of which the Lord didn’t take from her, and wouldn’t take from you if you too go down this path. You ARE before you DO. We bless the Lord for favor and grace in May conferences.It was incredible moment in Nairobi and Kajiado.
We are yet again working to ensure the August Conferences in Nyanza and Western are A success.Would you mind keeping us in prayers?
V.M.K Regional Conferences 2019 are here with us.(NAIROBI:16TH-18TH/MAY/2019,KAJIADO:23rd-25TH/MAY/2019)
The specific objectives of the conferences are;
- To enable leaders from within a region encourage one another
- To strengthen networking and fellowship within regions
- To raise awareness of the spiritual challenges of current trends and cultural development
- To encourage younger leaders
- To encounter God together as a people
- To appreciate each leader’s gift and style of leadership
This year,all the VMK- regional offices are preparing to host regional leadership conferences.The regions that will host this year conferences are;Nairobi and Kajiado conference will be in May after-which Nyanza and Western follow in August.Regional leaders have been busy meeting to plan towards these.
Conference Dates for Nairobi and Kajiado
1.Nairobi region- 16th-18th/May/ 2019
2. Kajiado region 24th-26th/May/2019