To Have A Network Of Churches That Are Known For Good Bible Teaching, Pastoral Care And Positive Leadership
To facilitate training for:
- Spiritual Leadership
- Church Leadership and Administration
- Church Planting
That there may be more, effective and flourishing churches in Kenya
Our Strategy is to move the mission forward by;
- Training leaders and helping their churches become more organized through teaching and strengthening of their outreaches.
- Developing a collaborative network
- Facilitating church planting
- Social assistance
Our Target Groups
- Existing churches, especially brethren assemblies and other interested churches.
- Elders, men, women and youth interested in spiritual leadership.
- People and agencies interested in church planting.
- People living in poverty.
- VMK identifies the regions and groups that are ready for training and resourcing.
- Conduct training to groups identified
- Collaborates with struggling congregations/ denominations to strengthen their outreaches and help replant the churches if planting foundation was wrong.
- After teams of people have been trained they will be required to actively participate in training others and be active in their own congregations.
- Cultivates a collaborative Network of Churches within Kenya
- The trainees involved will be men, women and youth with an interest in spiritual leadership.
During the last decade Kenya has registered over 6,000 churches. Yet not all those who are calling themselves Christians are true followers of Jesus. There are several regions that are yet to be reached with the gospel.
Many of the existing churches have lacked effective teaching and training to adjust to the relevant needs of the communities among whom they serve.
Vision Ministries Kenya (VMK) was launched on September 3rd 2011 in Nairobi Kenya. It was started with the help and support of Vision Ministries Canada (VMC). Ishmael Ochieng met Gord Martin of VMC at the IBCM4 conference in Germany in 2007. They began a conversation which led ultimately to the formation of VMK and the establishment of an Agency Agreement between the two organizations in the spring of 2011. Of course those involved in the ministry of Vision Ministries Kenya stand on the shoulders of those who introduced them to Christ and led them in the way.
Hebrews 13:7 Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.