To Have A Network Of Churches That Are Known For Good Bible Teaching, Pastoral Care And Positive Leadership
- Providing church Leadership training
- Developing a church partnering network
- Facilitating evangelistic church planting
- Making connections with social services
That there may be more, effective and flourishing churches in Kenya
Our Target Groups
- Pastors, elders, deacons and people (men & women) interested in church leadership
- From churches that are affiliated with Vision Ministries Kenya
- From independent churches whose theology and values are similar to those of Vision Ministries Kenya
- People and agencies interested in church planting.
- VMK identifies the regions and groups that are ready for training and resourcing.
- Conduct training to groups identified
- Collaborates with struggling congregations/ denominations to strengthen their outreaches and help replant the churches if planting foundation was wrong.
- After teams of people have been trained they will be required to actively participate in training others and be active in their own congregations.
- Cultivates a collaborative Network of Churches within Kenya
- The trainees involved will be men, women and youth with an interest in spiritual leadership.
Vision Ministries Kenya (VMK) was launched on September 3rd 2011 in Nairobi Kenya. It was started with the help and support of Vision Ministries Canada (VMC). Ishmael Ochieng met Gord Martin of VMC at the IBCM4 conference in Germany in 2007. They began a conversation which led ultimately to the formation of VMK and the establishment of an Agency Agreement between the two organizations in the spring of 2011. Of course those involved in the ministry of Vision Ministries Kenya stand on the shoulders of those who introduced them to Christ and led them in the way.
Hebrews 13:7 Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.