To Have A Network Of Churches That Are Known For Good Bible Teaching, Pastoral Care And Positive Leadership
To facilitate training for:
- Spiritual Leadership
- Church Leadership and Administration
- Church Planting
That there may be more effective and flourishing churches in Kenya
To train leaders and help churches become more organized through teaching and strengthening their outreach.
- To train leaders by conducting seminars on:
- Spiritual leadership by using the “Equip” Materials
- Church organization and leadership by using the Jethro Manual
- The formation of new churches using the VMK Church Planting Manual “Sheep Without A Sherphard”
- To make resources for evangelism and discipleship available, by promoting the use of Emmaus courses and other suitable evangelistic and discipleship materials
- VMK will network with the churches so that they are able to help each other find the resources that will be most beneficial to all.
Our Target Groups
- Existing churches, especially brethren assemblies and other interested churches.
- Elders, men, women and youth interested in spiritual leadership.
- People and agencies interested in church planting.
- People living in poverty.
During the last decade Kenya has registered over 6,000 churches. Yet not all those who are calling themselves Christians are true followers of Jesus. There are several regions that are yet to be reached with the gospel.
Many of the existing churches have lacked effective teaching and training to adjust to the relevant needs of the communities among whom they serve.
- VMK will identify the regions and groups that are ready for training and resourcing.
- After teams of people have been trained they will be required to actively participate in training others and be active in their own congregations.
- It is anticipated that trainees will also be able to reach their friends and relatives who may form new churches among those that have decided to walk to Christ.
- The trainees involved will be men, women and youth with an interest in spiritual leadership.
Vision Ministries Kenya (VMK) was launched on September 3rd 2011 in Nairobi Kenya. It was started with the help and support of Vision Ministries Canada (VMC). Ishmael Ochieng met Gord Martin of VMC at the IBCM4 conference in Germany in 2007. They began a conversation which led ultimately to the formation of VMK and the establishment of an Agency Agreement between the two organizations in the spring of 2011. Of course those involved in the ministry of Vision Ministries Kenya stand on the shoulders of those who introduced them to Christ and led them in the way.
Hebrews 13:7 Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith.